Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Evening Passing

Passing the seated guard. Excellent. I can't pass for crap, so any work on passing is great for me.

All of the techniques I've done before in a private with James, and I've drilled them all on my own to some degree. I try to incorporate them but I don't commit to passing, which is one of the reasons why my passes don't work. 

Rolled with Sol and Jay, then drilled with Russ a couple of times. Rolled with Dennis after class. Dennis had top position quite a bit. He passed my guard a couple of times, but I was eventually able to re-guard. Russ wanted to work that double-under stack pass with me. Not a super huge fan of that pass, but I'm a good teammate.

Taking the dog and a friend to one of my favorite trails tomorrow. Weather should be perfect for a hike. There should be enough shade (at least for half of it) so that the dog doesn't get too hot.

No comments: