Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday Morning

All omoplata. All day. 

Basic omoplata, then what to do if they try to jump their feet over your body. I've never learned this defense before, so I wasn't a great candidate for being the demo dummy. I dislike not being a good demo dummy. :(

Also the defense if they roll, if they try to block your far leg or if you are close to finishing but they either get their hands together or their other hand touches the mat close enough for you to grab the sleeve.

Then one really weird one where if they get their arm out and then jump their legs over your body, or if you end up deep in their territory and sortof turtled like a failed double-leg. Pick them up with your torso so they are upside down behind your back and then pull one leg across your body as you sweep the other one away. I wasn't a particular fan of this one, but I was able to do it on 200+lb Jason so size isn't the issue.

Rolls with Jason S., Zack, Sarah, and Jason. Don't remember much about any of the rolls, except Sarah got a sweet wrist-lock at one point. We were mid transition and as I was thinking to myself "hmm...I feel like my arm is exposed", she wrist-locked me. Jason S didn't work any lapel guard for which I was thankful. Zack had top position but wasn't doing much with it. He finally left enough space so that I could get guard. Jason let me take his back and I tried to work back-control and chokes until he had enough of that and got me with something that I don't remember. I feel like I maintained pretty decent control of his back. He tried a couple of footlocks later on and my defense seemed ok. 

No comments: