Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wednesday Morning

I did nothing yesterday except for some deadlifts. Was looking forward to a nice 8hrs of sleep but couldn't fall asleep and then the dog woke me up at 3am. :( Feel a little out of it today. Not sick, just mentally not all here.

Today was setting up a pendulum sweep and some options on what to do if they're able to get their arm out to post. 

Rolls with Jordan, Jason (br) and Savannah. I tried and tried to give up my back to Jordan so that I could work the back escapes that I'm going to be teaching this Saturday...but he wouldn't take it. He finally took it and I was able to work one of the escapes. He went for a kimura several times which I defended, but I don't think it was quite right (i.e. my defense probably wouldn't work on a more experienced person). Also, I was able to complete a spiderguard sweep after a couple of tries.

I had Jason in a 93 guard right where I wanted him but he had his feet tucked up close to his thighs so I couldn't snag them for a sweep. I should have tried to take the back at the point, but didn't quite make it to Plan B. He got a couple of submissions, I think both were leg-locks.

Savannah is working on her knee cut to the left now, which is a new wrinkle. I was able to fend that off, and then let her have side-control and the back so that I could work a different back-mount escape. I was having a devil of a time keeping her bottom foot pinned to the mat to scoot my body over it. I did eventually get it b/c I used on of my hands to help. 

It is oddly very freeing to go into rolls with a plan of giving up terrible positions to work escapes.

No comments: