Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday Morning KOB Escapes

I think this has been a record month of classes for me. Going to squeeze one more in tonight. I can't say that I've noticed any improvement in game, with possible exception of moving my hips better in a variety of situations.

KOB escapes this morning, which was awesome b/c that's something that I've been wanting to do for awhile. However, at least one of them was predicated on your opponent positioning their hands in a way that I have never done and have never seen anyone else do either. But I'm not going to quibble. 

Worked with Sarah, and felt pretty good about all of them. Sometimes I came up with more distance that I would have liked between myself and opponent, but whatever.

Rolled with Sarah, Tyrone, Sol and Kelly. Sarah and I had a great roll. I was going for a standing pass at one point and she used my momentum perfectly and dumped me right on my ass. I had a triangle position at one point but bailed b/c I didn't feel like trying to finish it. Good back and forth roll. I tried the baby bolo from combat stance several times but she kept my free leg at bay.

Tyrone started up in a passing position. The entire roll consisted of me harassing him from closed guard. I threatened numerous triangles and arm-bars. He was trying to open my guard by leaving his arms extended, which I'm going to take home with me 10/10. I made a concerted effort when playing open guard to try to keep him guessing and off balance.

Sol crushed my spirit with heavy side-control. I tried like hell not to concede the guard pass but he eventually got it. At one point one of my legs was trapped across his hips and the other one was out. I considered threatening a choke, but figured it wouldn't work. He then told me to try a choke to at least give myself the possibility of creating space for an escape. I had zero luck trying to escape his scarfhold.

Kelly and I got into a few odd positions. He's a flexible wrestler, and his hip movement is scary good. He bolo'd me at least twice. I tried to pull us into 50/50 and was bolo'd for my troubles.

No comments: