Saturday, June 7, 2014

Saturday Fundamentals and Noon Class

Fundamentals was top side-control. Went over transitioning from cross-face to scarf-hold and then cross-face to reverse kesa gatame. Also did the kimura and far-side arm-bar submissions. 

Everything went really well except for the far-side arm-bar. I liked how I was setting it up yesterday when I went over it with James, but I somehow forgot that setup and ended up doing something different that I was having a hard time explaining on how to get it to work. Not sure what happened there.

Overall though, had six people show up and was pretty happy with the class.

I was dead tired by the time the noon class rolled around. We did deep half guard sweeps, which weren't fortunately weren't too taxing. I got the set-up on transitioning from mount to deep-half pretty well. The only one that I struggled with is where you feed part of their gi jacket behind them and try to come out the back. 

Rolled with Nando, Sarah (twice) and Joyce. Nando was on top for the entire roll (frustrating). Sarah and I transitioned through a bunch of positions, and she had a kimura at one point but didn't finish it. Joyce has really, really improved. I made the kimura from side-control available and she did everything except get the grip on the wrist. Details.....

Was completely wiped out, so came home and took a nap.

No comments: