Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wednesday Night

Big class tonight, around 25 peeps.

Warm-ups consisted of a lot of running, some stretching, then a fair amount of ab work. Felt like Hades in there b/c it just finished dumping an inch of rain over the past 36hrs, so it made for a muggy evening. 

Technique was the same as this morning: locking their elbow from guard and either sweeping, pendulum sweeping, triangle or arm-bar. 

Rolls consisted of KOTH with purple belts and above starting on the mat. Win by submission or back-take. Loser goes back to wall. I really dislike KOTH. First roll was with Cody, who I rolled fairly well with but he eventually sunk a bow and arrow. Second roll with Sam who got a triangle. Third roll with Kelly, can't remember what he got. With 5min left in class, the rules changed that the winner went to the wall. That's when I got paired up with a 2 stripe white belt girl on whom I was able to get to the back. And that's it. In total, I probably rolled 5min, tops. Hate KOTH. 

What's really going to suck is when I'm a purple, and I start down, and I get kicked to the wall in the first roll while the rest of the purple belts hold their spot for 15+min. Meh.

EDIT: I really, really need to get over the color of the belts. Otherwise I'm going to drive myself crazy.

No comments: