Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Wed Night

Went in early to roll with Rachael. Didn't put my mouth guard in b/c... it's just for fun, right? BOOM! Knee in the mouth, teeth cut into my lip and viola! Banged up lower lip. Bled a fair amount for awhile, but it finally settled down. It was inside enough on my lip that I wasn't too worried about germs.

My night didn't improve much, b/c we did KOTH. I got Kasey twice and Manny twice. Manny tapped me in our first roll in less than a minute. Second roll took a bit longer but he eventually got...something. 

First roll with Kasey he just sat on his knees and swatted any guard maneuvering that I tried. After a couple of minutes of me trying to futilely work some sort of open guard, he raised up and did some sort of rolling back attack something in about a half second flat and applied some sort of leg lock. Fast. Second roll I said screw guard and decided to go for his back instead. He turtled up, let me take his back, then I futilely worked chokes until going for a bow and arrow. I thought I had a it pretty tight, but after a bit he yanked me off and went for another leg lock. Fast. Goddammit.

So I wasn't feeling too great about myself, but got over it by the end of class.

Rachael wanted to roll after class, so with mouthguard we did two 5min rounds. She completely kicked my ass in both. I did stupid shit trying to pass her guard and ended up almost triangled, then s-mounted and finally she got a submission with my arm. She was on top for most of the 10min, or I was doing the stupid crap I do to pass guard. Was not super happy with myself when we were done.

The good news is that it's only supposed to be 99F tomorrow instead of a 100F, so...there's that.

No comments: