Monday, July 14, 2014

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling

Today was Walter's last day with us before flying back down to Vegas. Someone was able to snag a private with him during part of class, so we ended up rolling the whole time.

This was ironic for me, b/c I had two beers the night before, and two beers for me is like a six pack for most. Once I got over the first couple of rolls it was fine.

I already knew this, but KI belts are awful. I ordered a purple belt from Koral a couple of months ago b/c I knew Walter gave out KI belts. I wanted to wear the Koral today for the first class, but I figured there was a possibility that it could be construed as disrespectful, so I wore the KI instead. I'm definitely breaking the Koral out tonight though. It felt a little weird trying to tie a different belt, b/c I'm so used to my blue Atama.

Pretty good sized class, so I got to roll with different types of people. Sarah, James, Tyrone, Jason (b), Sol, (small) Michael, Julio, Ryan and Ben. Nothing especially stood out to me, except that my lasso sweep doesn't work on ANYBODY.

At the end of class, Walter said that he wants to get a trip to Brazil planned for sometime next year. I would love to do this with some teammates, as I'd be worried about safety just traveling by myself or with Nando. I guess this means that I need to get serious about portugues. I've only been putting in about 10-15min a day.


No comments: