Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday Morning

After 10hrs of jiu jitsu this weekend, I felt like I got hit by a truck this morning. I didn't think going to class was a good idea, but I did it anyway.

I told James I'd show him the seminar material tonight b/c I was still pretty zombified in the morning class. Also, I wanted Rachael to be there so that we could do it together.

We went over half guard sweeps, at least one of which I haven't seen before. Took me awhile to get into the swing of things, as my body and brain were like "wtf are you doing?" I was a little slow, but executing everything ok. Nothing was especially sore or troublesome, just an overall bit of fatigue.

Rolled with Sarah, Little Michael and Julio. Don't remember much about my roll with Sarah...tried to keep it mellow b/c I was tired and her knee was bothering her. I had rear mount on Michael for at least 4 of the 5 minutes, mainly b/c I didn't want to work that hard at scrambling around. I went for chokes but he defended fairly well. I eventually transitioned to mount and got an arm-bar, then went for the choke from the seminar this weekend. It worked like a charm!

I asked Julio to go light and he (mostly) did. It turned into an instructional b/c he decided to show me an arm-bar option from failed spiderguard sweep. That was just about my speed today.

No comments: