Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Wed Night Bottom Side Submissions

Night class did the same techniques as the morning class, minus the d'arce. I was bummed about this, b/c that's the one that gave me the most trouble. I cornered James and got some help on it though, so I can at least write up basic notes on it.

Rolled with Russ (who wanted to drill double-under passing again), Kasey, Manny and Richard. Kasey was sortof letting me get open guard positions and then shutting down whatever I tried. I had a triangle at one point, but he's so freaking big that I didn't bother trying to finish it b/c there's no way my legs would get around his neck/shoulders. It was a little frustrating rolling with him b/c he wouldn't engage until I got mid-way through a move, then he'd completely shut it down. Anytime he got close to a leg lock I tapped. He explodes through movements and it scares the bejeezus out of me that he's going to snap a ligament.

I tried to match Manny's speed but he boat raced me tonight. He got an omoplata that he finished, and at least one other submission. I couldn't get any offense working against him. 

Richard has a strong base, and I worked primarily from guard with him.

No real desire more after class. I think I need to give myself a bit of a break if I don't perform as well in the evening class if it's my second class of the day. 

No comments: