Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Morning

I felt like a sack of potatoes today. How fitting then, that we did takedowns. Fortunately, it was a couple of take-downs that I already know: Uchi mata to ankle pick or diving under them, hooking the leg and sweeping. 

Sarah was also feeling like a sack of potatoes, so we made an awesome pair. I didn't have an especially strenuous weekend, although riding for 6.5hrs apparently does sap one's energy.

We also looked at finishing a pass if they happen to trap you in reverse half guard from the hooking sweep. I picked up some good details here, as I've tried to use it quite a bit to no avail. Shocker, a cross-face is important here.

Rolled with Sarah for duration. We were both doing silly things that left the other person in a much better position than we intended (i.e. pulling them into 40/60 instead of 50/50). My brain was only half in it today.
 

No comments: