Friday, July 25, 2014

Elephant on My Chest

More like James using me to demo arm-bars from s-mount. Several times he took his weight off of me while he chatted about the details, but there were numerous occasions in which he didn't. I really wanted to pay attention to what he was saying, but my brain was busy worrying about things like expanding my diaphragm enough to get another breath. 

Nevertheless, I did pick up a few details on the near side armbar, far side straight armbar/kimura and a roll into an omoplata that I haven't seen before. Also breaking the grip for a regular armbar from mount that I think I'm finally getting.

Rolled with Sarah the entire time to her get ready for Vegas. I turned up the intensity in the last roll and gave her several different scenarios to work with. I found myself doing some really stupid stuff like giving up a top side-control position b/c I had a kimura grip and wanted to try rolling through to finish the kimura. Using a kimura grip while she tried to pass didn't work out for me either. I also tried the pass from Mackenzie's seminar but screwed up the leg positioning somehow.

Before and after class I went over opening guard and guard passes for tomorrow's Fundamentals class.

My body has been feeling really beat up this week after the two day seminar this weekend and double-dipping on Monday and Wednesday. I think I'm going to back off training a bit next week. 

 
 

No comments: