Sunday, July 13, 2014

Faixa Roxa

I was Ben's dummy for his blue belt test, which was good for me as it gave me a chance to get warm before the shark tank.

The shark tank was both better and worse than I imagined. I wasn't able to mount any sort of offense, b/c by the time I'd get to at least a neutral position (if I got that far), I had a new person and had to stand up. I took several hard falls on takedowns, one of which had me not doing much of anything for about 20sec. I felt like the entire 6min I was just turning from one side to the other trying to keep up with the guys that were flying around in top position. Walter and James didn't partake of our rolls, which disappointed me.

The belt whipping wasn't that bad. It stung more after than during. I also wasn't being hit that hard, which I could tell by looking at the video. 

Anyways, now there's this...


I certainly don't feel like a purple belt, but my angst about it has disappeared.

3 comments: