Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wednesday Morning

I feel fantastic today. It must have been those tabata deadlifts last night. :p

Technique consisted of transitioning from side-control to s-mount, and either arm-barring or triangling from mount. Also a quick refresher on the back-take from top turtle if they try the running escape from side-control.

Rolled 25min straight with Sarah, which was awesome. I LOVE those continuous rolls. She suggested it near the end of the first round, and we just kept going. I identified a habit that I have of trapping the far arm with a gable grip and trying to get to back-mount. It's sortof like a crucifix, but I don't have the near arm trapped. Once in awhile it sortof works for me, but often it doesn't. I tried to ask James about it after class but I couldn't quite demonstrate the starting position correctly and he thought I meant something else. I tried to clarify but it still wasn't right. Oh well, I got a lot of useful pointers about similar positions, so it's all good.

I brought my gear for class tonight, but Rachael won't be there. :( Will still good and hope my body continues to feel amazing.


No comments: