Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Mon Night

Huuuuuuuuge class. Lots of New Year's resolution folks came in, around 4 or 5.

I asked James before class to go over some butterfly guard since we almost never work on that, and surprisingly enough, that's what we did. At least a little bit. Sweep to mount, attempt sweep to triangle, then arm-bar and monoplata from mount. 

I didn't think Rachael was going to show, but she did. My body was feeling especially beat up and creaky after the morning class, but by the time night class was over it felt better. 

There were several comments about the perceived weight class of our training partners with the arm-bar from mount. There was much sternum crushing and spinal alignment occurring. Felt good with all of the techniques, except the sortof whizzer thing that you're supposed to get to set up the triangle. That felt a little awkward.

KOTH with all of the purps and a couple of blues down. I managed to hold my spot through one slightly spazzy newcomer (Nate), a tentative newcomer (Mike), Nick, Tom, little Rachel and Aaron. I was absolutely wiped by the end of it, and had my most difficult roll at the end with Tom. I think I out-lasted him on cardio though, and was able to secure an americana from mount.

My body was feeling the fatigue, especially when a couple of the guys started the rolls aggressively. I'm really happy with how my stamina held up, and even had enough at the end to do a bit of drilling with Russ at the end.

Also got some help earlier in the day on the defense for when someone tries to jump over your head when you have them in an omoplata. I've sortof known to put my arm up, but I'd get confused as to which arm and then what happens after I put the arm up. Will take some time on Sunday to drill it more so that I don't have to think about it.

 


No comments: