Monday, January 12, 2015

Sunday

I'm happy with how well my body is recovering after a full night's sleep. I've been training a fair amount in addition to lifting and while my body is fatigued at the end of the day, it's good to go the next morning.

Yesterday was advanced class, and somehow I didn't come up with a good plan for what I wanted to drill. I was thrown off by a couple of visitors and didn't feel comfortable drilling moves with them for some reason. They were both purples, and I've rolled with one of them before, so not sure why I was hesitant. Did some open guard movement drills, passing DLR and butterfly sweeps.

Rolled with Rachael twice, Shaun, and Jason W. Pretty evenly matched against Rachael, although I felt like I had a bit of the upper hand in position/points in both rolls. Shaun wanted to go light and actually went fairly light. Jason smashed all my attempts at trying to sweep, got to top side and might have gotten a submission.

I wore a new rashguard yesterday and apparently the back of my gi made it pill in the back. I'm really bummed out about that b/c I rarely get new gear and it looked very nice until the pilling. :( We got new team patches too, and my cat got ahold of it and now there's bite marks on it before I even get it sewn onto a gi.

Can't have nice things. 




No comments: