Thursday, January 15, 2015

Wed Night

Body was still feeling quite good, which was fortunate b/c James decided to up the cardio intensity for the evening class warm-up. 

The same side-control -> top turtle -> back-control from the previous couple of classes, plus bow and arrow variations. Nothing really new for me, although the variety and reasoning of leg placement on the bow and arrow was great detail and good to practice.

KOTH. Person down starts with opponent from the wall having back-control with no underhooks. To win, person starting on the back must submit or get to mount. Other person must escape and submit or get to mount or back-control. 

I started down, and Seline was the first off the line. I escaped fairly quickly, but then was left with a bit of a conundrum as to how to not use any strength, mass or speed to pass a teenager girl's open guard. I somehow managed and ended up taking her back. 

After that it was Zack (adult). When he approached I was thinking "oh crap...". I escaped back-control with relative ease, got to guard and tried various submissions and sweeps. I got a flower/pendulum sweep variation to mount twice, but he immediately got an arm under one of my legs and was able to escape both times. I harassed him mainly from guard, but did get a couple of other sweeps and passes. He passed my guard once and was looking for some lapel choke but I eventually escaped and regained guard. We were going at it for at least 15min, and I was getting fairly tired near the end but still getting the better of it. He tried for an arm-bar from side-control at one point and I wish I had it on video, b/c I did a pretty nifty roll which landed him in guard (still with arm-bar), which I pressured down quickly to get my arm out. 

No comments: