Friday, January 16, 2015

Fri Morn

My knee is bothering me, I think from all of the air squats + weighted squats that I (foolishly) did last night. D'oh.

No gi, which invariably results in a lot of no shows. :(  It was coooooold in the gym, and mid-roll with Sarah I realized that my toes were still icicles.

Top half guard attacks, starting with a head and arm choke, far-side arm-bar, kimura, kimura to arm-bar and so forth.

 Flow roll with Sarah, then a roll with Chris and Savannah. After the roll with Sarah I tried to pick her brain a bit on how she defends my RDLR back-take. She showed me several times but I never quite got the hang of it.

Chris and I had a pretty good roll. We seemed to trade the top half position midway through, and both of us tried the move of the day but the other defended too well.

Savannah got her pass, and near the end of the roll I put myself in a tournament mindset, down on points and needing to get a sweep at the end. I got to her back before the buzzer, but wasn't able to get both hooks in.

No comments: