Monday, January 5, 2015

Mon Morn

My hips and my knees weren't terribly interested in doing jiu jitsu today. I arrived early, which was fortunate b/c it gave me a chance to discover this nugget and try to mitigate it with a fair amount of stretching and moving. My hip flexor is only mildly noticeable at the beginning of class. It's moreso...everything else.

Omoplata set-ups today from spider and lasso. Transitioning to triangle, and recovering triangle if they posture.

Rolls with Sarah (twice), Tyrone and Sol. Another longish roll with Sarah after class since she'll be out of commission for awhile.

Rolls with Sarah were good, though I was kindof playing around a bit and made some ill-advised decisions. I have a difficult time trying to rack up points/subs with some people, b/c I'd rather have a more cooperative roll with lots of transitions on both sides. I could tell that Sarah had some sleep recently b/c her energy level was much higher than usual.

I tried to get Tyrone to sit on his butt instead of doing our usual him-trying-to-pass-my-guard-for-five-minutes but nope, it was a serving of the usual. I was relatively close on an arm-bar but he powered out of it. He didn't pass and I got one sweep near the end.

Sol worked top side-control for awhile and I was reminded of how much pressure he can generate from the kesa gatame position (as if I could really forget). Ooompf. 

I crept behind Sarah after class and started to sink in hooks and a choke to signal that I wanted to roll again. Went in and out of a lot of different positions, and at one point I found myself in a mounted triangle. Managed to escape after awhile, but I'm still not sure how I got there.

No comments: