Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Morn

Relatively basic guard breaks and passes. Always pick up good details on things that I think that I know well. I worked my split pass a bit, the smash pass and back-step. I didn't care too much for switching from a split pass to a knee slice b/c I found it difficult to keep adequate pressure.

Sarah and I discussed beforehand about rolling continuously, so we had a 20+min roll. I enjoy the longer rolls, especially when preparing for comps. I especially enjoy a longer roll with someone who isn't going monkey poo on submissions and is more interested in transitioning through positions instead of stalling. I had several catch-and-release submissions. She got past my guard and was playing a heavy top game. Overall great, great roll and nice way to end the week.


No comments: