Friday, January 2, 2015

Friday Morning

Back to the grind today...

Big morning class, around 15 or so. One brand new guy, and poor thing, we went over worm guard. 

Lapeloplata, baby bolo with far side lapel grip and basic worm guard sweep. Worked with Sarah, which was nice b/c it's been awhile.

Rolls with Sarah, Christopher, Ronna (sp?), Jason S.

I did something pretty stupid trying to pass Sarah's guard. I don't recall exactly what, but she had a single leg X-ish guard and I tried to cave my knee towards her hips and roll under, not really knowing what I was doing. I thought it would be sortof like a rolling back attack, but she ended up on top in a pretty good position. Whoops.

Started to roll with Christopher and realized he was bleeding from the top of his hand. I pointed it out to him, and he then proceeded to blot it on various spots on his gi to stop the bleeding. *facepalm*

Ronna and her friend were visiting from somewhere (Foster?). I worked some open guard, passed or took her back, then had her work from guard. Seemed to instinctively scramble well, which is rare for women. (Why is that?)

I tried to yank Jason's jacket out for lapel guard and ended up being passed pretty quickly. Turns out you have to get your hand on the outside of their knee with the lapel grip otherwise they end up squashing your wrist.

No comments: