Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wed Night

I didn't want to go to class. I had taken the dog for an hour and a half on the trail after morning class, and my legs were shot. But Rachael was there, and while I longing gazed at a beer in the fridge, I got my gear together and went to class instead.

Large class, 20+. Covered leg locks: Attacking from top half guard, defending the attack, and the rolling back attack from top quarter guard.

KOTH, win by submission or back-mount. I started down and had a white belt guy come over that had blue stripes. Never saw him before. I could tell that he wasn't super technical, but he was persistent and definitely knew a thing a two. I worked from guard for the most part. I was in some bad spots, but he didn't seem to have many attacks from top side-control. He did snag my arm at one point for an arm-bar, but I got my elbow to the mat and escapes. I tried to pass his guard and ended up getting caught in a foot-lock. Goddammit. Probably a 10min+ roll. 

On the wall, then had a match against Nader who set up a knee-bar in about half a minute.

Back on the wall, then down with Naomi. She was really pushing the action, but I eventually got to her back.

After that it was Brian, who has been studying for his PhD and whom I haven't seen in at least a year. We were having a very good and interesting roll when time was called.

So yeah, got tapped by a white belt again. Not making any excuses, it happens.

No comments: