Saturday, January 10, 2015

Saturday

Fundamentals was back escapes. Good sized class at 8 ppl. I'm really excited to have steady participation. One brand new guy that I had to caution to slow down while drilling. 

Noon class was wrestling. Double (high-crotch), single-leg, defending those with a sprawl (hip down instead of flat), rolling them and getting a kimura grip if they are in a head-to-head turtle position with you with underhooks. Sitting out if they have you turtled from behind. He didn't call it a sit-out though, can't remember his term.

We went half to three quarter speed and then full speed takedowns. Ugh. My technique wasn't bad during drilling but I could not get anywhere close enough to shoot effectively when my partner was defending. I'm being mellow about it though. It's my second class ever on wrestling, I'm not going to expect that I'm going to be very good at it.

After class, I somehow summoned the energy to roll with Rachael 3 rounds. We started standing the first time, where I ended up pulling guard. The other two rounds I started on her back and was able to get out and to a superior position. 

I was daaaamned tired at the end of class.

It didn't help that I ate something yesterday that disagreed violently with my digestive system. Also, wicked cramps this morning. But I powered through.

I have a private with James tomorrow, followed by advanced class. Pretty sure my body hates me.

No comments: