Monday, January 19, 2015

Monday

Close to 10hrs of sleep and I felt mostly human this morning.

Huge class due to the MLK holiday, probably close to 20 ppl. 

Technique was sweeps from various reverse half-guards. Either they have the mount leg in (or not) and arm-over or cross-face. I do ok with these, but have been known to get techniques confused and even figuring out whether the mount leg is trapped or not. It's more clear now, but even writing notes after class I wasn't 100% sure on a couple of the variations. 

Rolled with Rachael, Sarah (twice) and Tyrone. My body didn't completely tell me to sod off, but pretty close. Rolls went ok. Was trying to stay up on points with Rachael but wasn't doing a good job of keeping track so not sure how that played out. Sarah was a little low on energy so I didn't comp roll with her. Was more of a playful, transitional type of roll. Tyrone passed my guard and I came close to locking up the inverted triangle but no dice. I played guard for the most part, until near the end when we reset and he started in guard.

Nothing remarkable. I'm not doing class tonight, my body needs a break. I sneezed a couple of times today and am dreading that I'm going to get the crud that everyone else has.

No comments: