Friday, January 9, 2015

Fri Morn

Managed to get the bad taste of Wed out of my mouth. Probably hormones.

DLR passes today, both of which I had a private on many moons ago. Pop hook to leg drag and then the dive under. James showed a sweet variation on the dive under that is really dependent on the body types involved. Getting your foot in front of the knee that's elevating the far leg (like you're getting ready to lock a triangle), then straighten the elevating leg and hook it with the other foot.

I couldn't get it to work with Sol unless he helped get his leg in place. I could do it no hands with James. 

Rolls with Sol (who was half dead), Christopher, Jason S., Savannah and Chris. Apparently Sol had been drinking until 3am this morning...so....that's all I need to say about that roll.

Christopher got me with a knee-bah early, I think I got to mount (or his back) later on. 

Jason had me in a world of trouble and was trying like hell to baratoplata me from mount. Fortunately I've had just enough exposure on those that I was able to block him from stuffing my arm inside. I eventually got him to his guard and then passed at the end of the round. I think he let me pass though.

Savannah got her knee slice pass, but I got back control and was able to pass her guard as well.

Chris got me with some kindof choke with a bit of crank on it. Not sure what it was...maybe an anaconda variation. I attacked hard from closed guard but nothing was really close to finishing. Had him on the defensive, can't remember if I got a sweep at the end or not.

 

No comments: