Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday

Great class today. A (new) normal sized group, about 14 or so. Went over top side-control transitions. Top side to KOB, top side to back-stepping to other side if they get an underhook, top side to monoplata in similar scenario. My transitions didn't feel amazing, but it wasn't due to not understanding what I was supposed to do.

Sarah was back, and even rolled with me twice!

I tried to stay away from Sarah's recently tattoo'd arm, so the rolls were a little funky.

Rolled with Tyrone and then Julio after class. Tyrone was doing really well, and while he left some openings (not getting an underhook on knee slide pass and exposing his neck during a sortof pass), he was recovering very well. Definitely gave me a run for my money.

Julio was going about 80% or so. I was defending fairly well, and he gave me some positions. I tried the damned inverted triangle from bottom side b/c I simply cannot help myself. Ended up in a worse position. Otherwise my defense seemed pretty good.

No night class for me tonight, going to be busy rooting for the Ducks.

2 comments:

Chad Calder said...

Go Ducks!

Relax On The Mat said...

Yah, that didn't turn out very well, did it. :(