Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Thursday's Roll-a-thon and Friday Morning

I was planning on watching A LOT of college football this past weekend, including games on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I watched one game on Thursday and decided midway through the second that I better get my ass onto the mats. Russ had already planned on doing nothing but rolling, so I went prepared. I was either getting crushed by big guys or I was taking the backs of white belts. There was a blue belt dude that has apparently been training forever but hasn't stuck with any particular gym. He's big, strong and good at jiu jitsu. Also an older (60s?) brown belt who was visiting and quite good, though robotic in movement. Can't remember who else was there, but I had the opportunity to roll with everyone in the room. I didn't take a round off. Go me.

Friday morning I have no idea what was covered or how the rolls went. I was too excited about riding later in the day (it was close 8hrs with a killer sunset at the end) and football.

There were open mats during the holiday weekend. I didn't participate and was happy to have a break.


No comments: