Monday, September 22, 2014

Fundamentals and Spar Spar Spar

James & Co. were competing in Portland, so the gym was left in my car on Saturday. I covered top side in the Fundamentals class and it seemed to go pretty well. I picked up on some points of theory over the week that helped my understanding quite a bit. Hopefully I was able to relay the information so that others could understand it...

There were eight or so people for the noon class, and instead of teaching I decided to do positional sparring. Two minutes in each position (mount, side-control, guard, back-mount). After that it was five minute rolls. They guys were tired by the end of the class, but I think the positional sparring was a good exercise. They seemed to like it.

I felt ok with the sparring and rolls. There's a green belt kid that's been training with us for awhile that's very good with open guard, specifically DLR - RDLR transitions. I might have to pick his brain a bit.

No comments: