Monday, September 22, 2014

Mon Night

I shouldn't roll (aside from a pre-class roll with Rachael) on the second class of a day. My technique and morale are almost always crappy.

Technique was half-guard pass variations, including a smash pass, monoplata and rolling back attack. That was all fine.

First roll after technique with Rachael was fine (except I got clobbered in the head by people rolling). Rolls with Sol, Manny and a kid who's name I don't remember were entirely forgettable. I was really frustrated by the time I rolled with Sol. 

I feel obligated to roll, and aside from that, it should be, y'know...fun. Very often it isn't, and I'm in danger of finding my ego in the toilet on the tail end of these days. I'm not sure if it's the mind or body that's waning, but I think I'm doing more harm than good.

I almost talked myself into signing up for Masters Worlds despite the travel cost, using the life-is-short philosophy. But alas, bills are forever.

No comments: