Monday, September 29, 2014

Advanced

I decided to address my issues with transitioning open guards and sweeps. Only four of us, but at least it was an even number so that no one had to sit out. 

My first roll was with Antone, and I came close to getting an arm-bar while he was busy spinning and inverting. If I'd kept everything tighter I might have been able to finish, but I was too loosey goosey. I almost caught James in a straight arm-bar, which would have been amazing on several different levels. At the very least, I was able to use it to complete a sweep. I didn't almost catch Kelly in anything. :p Kelly tried for a baratoplata that I was able to defend, but I then found myself in a tight triangle. I was able to posture for a bit, but then I was rolled into a mounted triangle. I defended that for awhile, but couldn't get him knocked back down and tapped.

Sarah came in after class so I rolled with her two or three times. I turned it up during our final roll, with a goal of staying in complete control the entire round.


No comments: