Saturday, September 6, 2014

FUNdies and Open Mat

Today was submissions from back-mount. Smaller class, but still had 6 people. I was lucky to have anyone there with perfect weather on a Saturday morning. 

James hadn't planned on being there today as there was an open mat at another gym, but decided against it and came in for our open mat instead. I spent many rolls practicing my craft against white belts. There were two blue belts and at least three white belts. I started to run out of gas about an hour into it, largely b/c I was a dork that forgot to bring water. I hadn't had any in the morning either. Oops. 

I wanted to work on one specific thing (keeping my free leg on the mat when I had DLR and a cross-grip), but did I use it a single time? No. I forgot until class was over. Instead I spent most of my time passing and working a top game. We started off with the same caveat as yesterday (a "win" consisted of mount or back-mount). 

After class we got some nuggets from James on reversing the position when someone has your back with one hook.

No comments: