Friday, September 19, 2014

Please Guillotine Me

Only one person remembered that today was no gi day, and that person wasn't James. We took a vote at the beginning of class as to whether we should do gi or no gi, since everyone had their gi. We ended up doing no gi.

Side control transitions, the exact topic I'm going to teach tomorrow. Perfect. Except he used me as the demo dummy. Great so that I can feel it when it's performed well, but not so great for seeing what the hell arms and especially legs are doing. I got the gist of it though.

Flow roll with Savannah in gi b/c she's competing tomorrow at NAGA. No gi with Blaine, James, Chris and Nathan. Savannah and I can't really flow roll together. That's all I've got to say about that.

Blaine kept grabbing my pants, but I didn't admonish him b/c I was still able to get his back and harass him for the latter part of the round. I believe I got his back twice.

James let me work a little bit, but guillotined me at least once. I walk right into those in no gi. Hey friend, here's my neck! He was doing a weird kimura grip thing that gave me an opportunity pass...not sure what he was trying, but assuming it was an experiment. Unrelated, but I keep thinking that if I have an underhook that I'm free and clear to take the back. Often that results in someone just completing the pass instead. I talked with James a little bit about it, but need to touch on it again.

Chris was mostly flow rolling b/c of his back.

Nathan passed my guard, got to side-control and then got an americana when I apparently stopped paying attention to my far arm. We reset, had some sortof scramble and I ended up on his back when he tried a rolling back attack. There was less than a minute left in the round, so I was trying like the dickens to get an RNC but ran out of time.

No comments: