Friday, September 26, 2014

Fri Morn

Mount submission escapes on the docket for today. Excellent!

Arm-bar escape by gripping your own lapel with your trapped arm, pushing the leg on your face off while you bridge back, staying heavy on that leg as you continue to work your way back, then thread leg through and belly down to end up in their guard.

Americana escape by bridging and pushing their elbow up and out, then trap their arm and roll.

Ezekiel escape by punching through opening of their choking arm and past their face. Bridge to same side, then over-wrap their choking arm, trap and roll.

Rolls with Antone (yay!), Chris, Savannah, Jason S.

I forget how smooth Antone's movement is until I roll with him. He just floats on top and never lets you get comfortable when he's on the bottom (which for me is only when he's inverted). He got me with a kimura/monoplata from technical mount.

Chris was going pretty tough today, so his back must be feeling better. He got me in an arm-bar from mount b/c I was being lazy and left it out.

Savannah passed my guard, but I eventually reguarded, swept and passed her guard. I was working from top side at the end of the round.

My goal once again today was to not get swept by Jason, but that didn't last long. He was able to get his spiderguardish grips that I didn't break in time and down I went. I hit the mat fairly hard a couple of times during our roll. He got me with a shoulder-lock from...somewhere. I'm not sure exactly what, but it was legit. The second time around I fared a bit better and passed his guard, though I think he may have given it to me. Wish I knew whether it was legit or not. Tough round and I was really tired after that one. I think hitting the mat hard a couple of times didn't help.

Definitely going to ref next weekend. I feel ok about adults, but worried about trying to ref kids accurately.


No comments: