Thursday, September 25, 2014

Wed Morn & Night

Morning class I felt pretty solid. We covered simple guard breaks and passes, but it was very instructional for me to find the places where I'm not solid in both the break and pass.

Rolled with Dennis, Jason S., Jason W. and several others that I don't remember. My roll with Dennis was pretty even, and I ended the round on his back. One of my better rolls with him.

I did well against Jason S too. My single goal with him was to not let him sweep me. He tried some DLR, RDLR, lapel guard and whatever else, and for the most part I was able to stymie him. We ended up in 50/50 and we both had some sweeps from there, but otherwise it was even. One of my better rolls with him.

Jason W. got a double-under pass and worked top side most of the roll. He didn't get a tap (even though he was hunting) and I was happy with my defense.

Ryan hasn't been around in awhile that I've seen, but he was pushing the pace just as much as ever. I started getting a little tweaked that I suffering under a white belt's side control and turned it up at notch to somehow get to mount before the round ended. It really tired me out though.

I told myself that I wasn't going to roll for night class, and the dialogue looked something like this:

Brain: Don't roll during night class
Body: But...I feel pretty ok....
Brain: DON'T ROLL DURING NIGHT CLASS
Body: Alright alright, I'll take your advice

Hours later....

Body: Hey look, it's mainly white belts...
Brain: You're an idiot

Rolled with Nick, New guy, Kasey (goddammitsomuch) and Sol (dammitdammitdammit).

Everything was fine until I looked over and saw Kasey without a partner. He, Sol and Jason W just sit hunched while you fiddle with lapel, sleeve, whatever. When they get tired of that they pass your guard and make you pay. Kasey is especially fond of leg-locks. Spinning leg-locks. To say I tap early would be a massive understatement. Sol crushed my soul as usual. When he just lays back and gives me the start of a position it's worse.

I'll be reffing a local tournament in early Oct...look forward to it.
 

1 comment:

SavageKitsune said...

LOL. I enjoy your humor.