Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday Night

There were 26 people in class tonight. Good grief.

Got there early to roll with Rachael for a bit. She got on top early and had some crushing side-control. It took me a long time to escape, but I finally got into guard and then got a sweep that I don't remember and ended the round trying to pass her half guard. 

Same half guard sweeps as this morning, with the addition of drive-the-bus and twist sweep. I was the demo dummy since I had attended the morning class that had the same content. 

Felt good with all of the techniques, although my twist sweep could definitely use some work. Got to work with Rachael, which was a bonus.

Rolling was KOTH. Win consisted of submission, mount or back-mount. If you won three in a row, you had to go to the wall to give other people a chance. My first roll was with Zack, who pushed me pretty good but he made a mistake and I got his back.

Second roll was with Richard, who was super tough. He was popping grips like nobody's business, cross-facing and in general doing really really well for a one stripe white belt. I had all that I could handle with him. He had top control for awhile, but I was able to defend and eventually got to guard. I started to harass him from guard and then got close to his back. I couldn't quite secure the back, but snaggled an arm and finished an arm-bar instead. I think he was running out of gas, otherwise that would have been a much tougher finish.

Last roll was with Missy. I tried to go too hard since she's still only a  month into jiu jitsu. I kept the muscling to a minimum (I hope) and finished with mount.

After class I played a prank on my teammate that probably won't notice until tomorrow morning (or later). I can't wait for the fallout from that...

No comments: