Monday, September 29, 2014

Mon Night

Got to class early for some Rachael happy fun roll time. Reffed a kids match before the roll. Feeling a bit more comfortable than this morning.

Rachael had a suffocating top side-control. I spent some time in top position and trying to threaten something from guard, but her top side-control is just awful.

Same technique as this morning, so it was nice to go over that again. I tried it a couple of times when rolling with Rachael before class but couldn't pull it off. I don't think I trapped the leg. Or something.

Roll with Rachael after technique. Everything was fine until the last 30sec when she went pretty hard for a toe hold. I made a rather loud and alarming noise b/c I don't mess around with any sort of foot submission and I'm rather terrified of getting my foot mangled.

I sat out for a couple of rounds and reffed more matches. Getting more comfortable with it over time. A round with Missy, then an untimed round with Dennis after class. We traded positions but no submissions. 

No comments: