Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wed Morn

L guard today, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Two sweeps, both by loading them up and dumping them over. A shoulder lock if they try to pin your knee down and a reverse triangle if one of the sweeps doesn't work or they are being obstinate about the shoulder lock. 

Rolls with Savannah, Jason S. and Tyrone. 

Overall I had an excellent day rolling. Savannah passed my guard, but I eventually reversed and passed her guard as well and was threatening a kimura from the top when the timer sounded. At one point we were in a bastardized and very uncomfortable sort of 50/50, but I eventually worked my way up and passed.

Jason got a sweep because I LOVE to give him a double-ankle sweep when I try to break his spiderguard grip. He got to top side from there, but I was able to escape, get on top and pass his guard before he could get his lapel/worm guard thingie. I had a hard time staying in top side-control and he went for deep half. I started attacking a kimura and worked my way up into an almost mounted triangle. Best I've done against him in quite awhile.

Tryone went to work, passed my guard early. I had an underhook and did some invert BS that threw him off enough for me to reguard. I had a nice chain of submissions that ended with an overwrap. I worked for a choke, shoulder-lock and omoplata with the overwrap. He escaped my first crappy omoplata by jumping over. I quickly regained guard, went for another omoplata and controlled his hips this time. Worked my way up to a sitting position and we see-sawed back and forth for a bit. He tried to turn toward me (opposite direction of the omoplata), so I worked a crucifix type position and he subsequently tapped from a shoulder lock.

Best day of rolling I've had in quite some time. Jason said that he thinks that my skillz are noticeably trending up, but I'm reserving judgement.


No comments: