Thursday, October 2, 2014

Wed Night

We had a packed class...and James decided to work takedowns. *sigh*

Guard pull to ankle-pick. Either pull their head down or SWEEP THE LEG JHONNY! Oh wait, wrong sport.

Failing that, pull them down for a back-take. Remember to get your heeps off the mat to more force in the pull.

With the vast number of people, it was KOTH for rolling. I volunteered to ref so that I could get a bit more experience before Saturday. Also, my body was pretty fatigued. It was a nice change of pace to watch other people roll and see the areas in which they do well. The ref practice was good, especially since I learned about the 2pts for back-take (assuming you bring your opponent down from above you) which I seemed to have missed. I didn't feel too bad about it though, b/c not one other person that is slated to ref from our school this weekend was aware of it either. I'm nervous about reffing, but I think it's going to be a really good learning experience.


3 comments:

SavageKitsune said...

Get those heaps up! Get those heaps up! :)

Relax On The Mat said...

James isn't Brazilian, yet when I write or type notes I "hear" some words in a Portuguese accent. I'm probably taking this sport a little too seriously. :p

SavageKitsune said...

"Breech". ;)