Saturday, October 11, 2014

All Day Friday

I had an infliction of digestive nature that knocked me out for a week. Finally felt good enough to try class on Friday morning. Rachael was there, so we got a roll in at the end. I acquitted myself very well for being out a week. Pulled guard, sweep, pass and worked a dominant top position.

Technique consisted of DLR passes, both of which I was already pretty familiar with b/c James had covered them during one of my privates in the spring.

Rolls were so-so...great one against Rachael, terrible with Manny, so-so with Russ (who seemed to mostly give up at the end). I give myself a pass for the most part since I had been out for a week and my timing was off.

Went for a five hour motorcycle ride and came back for night class. It was a competition class, so a lot of standup drilling that I was less than thrilled about, then rolls, then positional sparring. I was unquestionably wrecked by the end of class.


No comments: