Thursday, October 30, 2014

One Handed Wed Night

I was invited out to a brew house for dinner, and I probably should have accepted that invitation instead of going to class. Didn't get injured, but the two-a-days really are brutal on my body.

James and Erick went over the spider to X technique from the Megaton seminar, then did a couple of other moves based off of that.I felt pretty good with those, except for one where you roll over your shoulder and then over the top of them. Not once did that one feel like I was doing it correctly.

Rolls consisted of KOTH, with upper belts starting down and their non-dominant hand in the belts. Other person had to pass, person on the bottom had to sweep or take the back. I got through one youngster fairly easy, then someone else, then Erick came over and passed my guard in two seconds. On the wall, then I get James and Erick back to back. On the wall, on the wall.... After a piece of time, we were able to use both hands, and I fared better, though I didn't face James or Erick again.

It was a good exercise, one that really makes you focus on hips and feet. It'd be a good thing for me to do to help with my leg weave.

I was exhausted after class, and woke the up the next feeling fatigued. My intention is to do a two-a-day only once a week (Saturday Fundamentals + noon class doesn't count :p), but even that might be pushing it.

No comments: