Friday, October 17, 2014

Free Morn TMI

James went into excessive detail about how he wasn't feeling well last night. I agreed to cover the morning class if he'd stop giving me details.

I decided to go with flow rolling as a warm-up, then position drilling with a specific goal: sweep-to-mount, pass-to-mount and escape side-control and get to a top position. I think the directions confused folks, but they seemed to get it by the second round. Afterwards was rolling.

I sat out a couple of rounds of flow and drill b/c we were at odd numbers. Worked to my benefit b/c I want to do the competition class tonight.

Rolled with Kyle, Antone and Jason S. Kyle got the better of me for the first part of the round, but I had a reverse triangle for the latter half. Shocker, couldn't finish.

Antone had me tied up in knots. I came very close to having his back at one point, not sure if he was working on something new or what. I didn't actually get to the back, but I was close.

Jason cinched a triangle relatively early on and then transitioned in and out of a mounted triangle. I held off as long as I could, completely forgetting escapes (posturing and stacking weren't working). I felt like I was starting to escape out the back a bit, but then he snaggled my arm for an arm-bar. Reset, and I passed, got to side-control and eventually mount. 

I feel like I'm blanking on techniques big-time, but the rolling seemed to go better than Wednesday.


No comments: