Saturday, October 18, 2014

Fundamentals and Nooner

Fundamentals consisted of guard opening and passing. Relatively small class, only six (including Rachael). 

Nooner was five minutes of drill your choice of techniques. I started feeling fatigued about halfway through. I did standup with Rachael for 20min, then another 5min of standup with Jason W., which contributed largely to feeling like I got hit by a truck.

Had a bit of a break between drilling and rolling, so had some time to recuperate. Rolled with Manny, Ben and Rachael. The roll with Manny was at least somewhat competitive (he usually dominates handily). I had Ben in a spot where I was trying to take his back but couldn't get any hooks in. As he was getting me off his back, his knee dropped onto the top of my foot. Hurt like the dickens, and I had to sit out for a minute. It's just a bruise though, so shouldn't be problematic.

Rachael got me back for last night and kicked my ass. I scored nary a point. She had an arm-bar but I was able to get on my other side. Got my guard passed and suffered in side-control for awhile. All in all, it was complete domination. Kudos to her, and I'm glad that she's doing well before the tournament.

No comments: