Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Advanced Class

I've been helping with a house move for the past two days, so I don't remember much about the Sunday class. I worked guard pulling with Antone, which was valuable b/c he gave me a lot of different looks and as a result some things to think about that I hadn't previously encountered. 

Jason W wanted to work takedowns...with resistance....kindof horrified me, but I got out of it injury-free. 

I did the usual DLR -> tripod -> sickle -> RDLR -> kiss of the dragon combination. I'm finding that in this particular chain I'm ending up too far away from my opponent to complete the back-take from RDLR. Also did some passing and guard breaks for good measure.

Rolled with Antone and several other guys. No detail on the rolls, other than they felt more or less ok. My body was pretty beat so I gave myself a bit of a pass on performance.

Class on Wed night, might do some flow rolling with Rachael on Thursday and maybe flow on Friday morning before heading to Seattle. After the hectic weekend and start to the week I probably ought to be sitting on my ass and not stressing my body before the tournament, but I just can't go five days w/o at least flowing before a tournament. 

I'm only going to have one match and it's going to be at the end of the day.


No comments: