Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Wed Night

Feeling better, so decided to roll the dice. I shouldn't push it, but whatever.

Technique was lapel (bottom of the skirt) chokes from guard on opponents who hunker down and don't give you any space. Foot in lapel for triangle, cross choke and gi d'arce. Felt pretty good with the techniques.

Rolling...not so much. 

Started standing with Rachael, pulled a terrible guard and she immediately passed into side control. Spent at least 4min with her sitting on my face and one of my arms while she tried to attack the other one. I was barely able to keep my arm from danger. I finally, finally worked my out of that utterly crappy position and somehow got to her back. I tried to work a choke at the end, but I would have lost on points.

Next was Julio, and I did relatively well. I was still in bad positions, but I seemed to be legitimately defending subs. 

Sol had me in bottom side control for the entirety of the round. I was barely surviving, but it sucked. A lot.

With Akina I tried to transition to a variety of different positions. I let her work top for the latter half of the round. 

I knew ahead of time that it was going to be a bit rough, and I told myself to go in with a positive attitude. Meh.

1 comment:

SavageKitsune said...

It's a little more challenging to keep your positive attitude when someone is sitting on your face.