Saturday, October 11, 2014

Saturday Fundies and Nooner

Woke up surprisingly refreshed after last night's wrecking.

Fundamental class consisted of subs from guard (arm-bar, cross-choke and omoplata). Had two guys that were brand new, as in their first class ever. A third guy had some experience but not much. Had eight people total. I did ok with the arm-bar instruction, but I think I completely lost them with the omoplata. They seemed to kindof sort of get it, but as I was showing it I realized it might have been too complex. 

I was feeling ok when the noon class started, but shortly after warm-ups I started to feel the accumulated fatigue. It was 5min rounds of drilling techniques of your choice. I wasn't really prepared for this, so ended up in my comfort zone of open guard sweep transitions. I did some guard breaks and passing at one point at the request of my partner. 

Rolls with a slew of people. Rachael did well against me both of our rolls. Had a good roll against a couple of white belts, and somehow got the baratoplata. Kelly got a sweep and had back-control for awhile. He switched to a body triangle at one point that was miserable but not enough for me tap. I completely blanked on how to defend it, and finally remembered to fall to the side of lock. I got out of it w/o being submitted, so I had that going for me. Roll with Shaun who wanted to go light, but I knew as soon as we started going that light was an extremely relative term. He got me in a bicep cutter, which I'm ok with tapping to in class, but told him that wouldn't be an option for him at the tournament.

Overall, pretty tired but mostly happy with my effort. 

No comments: