Thursday, October 23, 2014

Drill Before Comp

Rachael had the day off, so I met her at the gym during my lunch hour and we drilled and rolled. Some positional work (passing, sweeps, escapes) coupled with scenarios (i.e. You have someone in guard and you're down by 3pts). I felt good during our rolling segments. Hopefully it will carry over into Saturday. 

I don't compete until ~5pm. I need to put some thought into how I'm going to feed myself at the tournament so that I don't feel run down by the time I step on the mat. I know that I'm going to be pretty amped up cheering on my teammates all day and don't want to crash before I compete.

I'm debating over which gi to wear, now that I suddenly have a bunch of them. Neither of the two new gis are patched, and there's no time to get that done. Also, I'd like to have one or two unpatched gis for travel anyway (not that I travel that frequently). Soooo....I think it's either going to be my old competition SYR or the new one that Rachael gave me. 

I'm also considering going to the Megaton seminar on Friday night, but good grief that's not giving me any room to chill out and relax.

No comments: