Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Monday Morn

Felt crazy tired and did NOT want to get up Monday morning. Haven't slept well the past couple of nights and the weekend was catching up with me. I didn't even party hard with the team and I still felt like death.

Wasn't expecting much out of my mat time Monday morning, but once I was warmed up I did ok. Erick went over leg lasso to triangle, leg lasso to DLR dump sweep and then transitioning from side-control to a mounted arm-bar by wrapping their far-side framing arm with the gi jacket. 

Felt comfortable with all of the techniques, and got to drill with Sarah for the first time in 3 weeks or so.

Rolling consisted of KOTH positional sparring. Boooooo.... Except that today, we started from bottom side-control and had to escape to guard while the top person tried to keep some sortof top position and/or submit. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa... Finally, something that I'm pretty good at. I kept my spot on the mat through Rachael (twice, which is no small feat considering her top side control is so good), Ryan, Sarah and I can't remember who else. Nate came over and was able to finish a kimura from top. After that, it was start in open guard and sweep while the other person has to work for a pass. I got through Tyrone and was working through Blaine (who was stalling in a low position) when time was called. 

I was really pleased with rolling, especially since my body seemed so unhappy at the start of the day. Dare I say, I'm finally starting to feel like I deserved my rank.

After class, I snagged Jason S. to go over the takedowns from the Megaton seminar b/c I had some questions about the footwork. It was a bit helpful, but I'm going to need some dedicated time to drill it (i.e. Sundays).


No comments: