Sunday, May 31, 2015

Saturday

I'm basically a zombie. Very busy weekend. One of those that I'll be happy when Monday rolls around.

Had 8-10 people for the Fundamentals class. Covered side-control escapes. Felt like I did a pretty decent job. Several blue belts in the class which was pretty cool. Had Rachael back as a demo dummy, which was also very cool.

Noon class consisted of straight up rolling. Not too many upper belts present, so it wasn't quite as rough as it could have been. Rolled with Rachael, Laurie, Russ, Daniel, James and can't remember who else. I tried hard to stay active in my roll with James, and it paid off. I had several almost good positions. He was def letting me work a bit, but not to the point that I felt like he was out-and-out giving me everything. He got me once with an arm-bar. Almost got a wrist-lock too, but I cursed my way out of that one.

Rest of the rolls were pretty good. I tried to let the lower belts work from good positions without compromising too much on good principles to allow them to get there. 

Watched Worlds in the afternoon. Was bummed that Mackenzie lost in the absolute semi-final, but happy she made it to the final of her weight division. She was totally crushed in the semi by a heavier opponent who crowded her severely with her hips.

Planning on watching the finals Sunday afternoon after advanced class.

No comments: