Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wednesday Morn

Smeeds ran the warm-ups and he wasn't kidding around. Everyone was dripping sweat by the time we got to the stretching. Rekt by the old man on the mat.

Technique was passing the seated guard, namely pulling up on their wrists and dropping right into mount. Assuming that doesn't go smoothly, the BJ Penn pass if they get one knee in or a variety of butterfly passes if they get both knees in.

Rolls with Chris, Laurie, Blaine and Shaun. Pretty happy with all of my rolls. I'm slowly getting better at circling my legs in when they're in danger. I passed Chris' guard once but the rest of the time he had top control. Blaine was in my guard for most of the roll but I ended up taking his back at the end. Shaun and I flow rolled for the most part. Lots of different positions and pretty fun.

Energy level felt pretty good. Might do night class tonight.

No comments: