Monday, May 11, 2015

Fri / Sat / Mon

Don't remember anything about Friday morning class. I feel like something good happened, but don't recall details. 

Saturday Fundies was mount escapes. I added the knee-to-elbow and now regret it. I didn't even intend to show it, but somehow there I was, demonstrating a crappy knee-to-elbow. Why? I really don't know. It wasn't awful, but ugh, no. The rest of the techniques were good. Decent sized class...8 I think.

Jason W. taught the noon class. Only 8 or so in that class too. He did some shin guard that contained some really good stuff. Working sweeps on a standing opponent. Either grab lapel and sweep to one side, or take their back if they back-step. Can go to tripod sweep if you can't grab their sleeve for the lapel/sleeve sweep.

I think my rolls were pretty good, seem to remember rolling with mostly white belts.

No class on Sunday.

Monday morning was breaking a variety of grips, opening the guard and passing. James used me for the demo dummy and oh my adductors when he was doing the stacking/split on my legs. Ooof. 

Rolled with Sarah the entire time. Very fun roll, lots of interesting transitions. I had two failed attempts at the bolo. Even tried to bolo from the dumb side.

No comments: